The original Pennsylvania Station was a historic railroad station, opened in 1910 and demolished a short 54 years later. Its grandeur matched or exceeded that of Grand Central Terminal, and was one of the architectural jewels of the City.
In this vintage newspaper article from September 8th, 1910, The Brooklyn Daily Eagle printed a comprehensive review of the new station.
This palatial station, which is larger than the Union Station at St. Louis and more spacious than the new station at Washington, covers eight acres of ground and it fairly epitomizes the highest development of the modern art of transportation as we know it in America.
Check out a full digital scan of the article to read through it in entirety.
Something wrong with this post? Let us know!