Follow our Instagram account @ViewingNYC to see photos of New York City from some of the best local, amateur, and professional photographers around! If you would like to see your photo featured, be sure to use hashtag #viewingnyc and we'll take a look!
There is a lot of stuff going on the City, and we can't write about it all. Here are some interesting things some of our friends have written up lately.
- 6sqft ⇒ Jeanne Gang Reveals Sparkly New Renderings of High Line-Hugging Solar Carve Tower
- Bowery Boogie ⇒ How to Get Your Paws on Hanksy’s Poop Portrait of Trump and Help the Lower Eastside Girls Club at the Same Time
- Brooklyn Magazine ⇒ The Fifth Annual Brooklyn Foodie Awards
- Chelsea Now ⇒ Chelsea Then and Chelsea Now
- Daytonian in Manhattan ⇒ The Sittenham Bldg - 123 Fifth Avenue
- Gothamist ⇒ Sexy Actor Oscar Isaac Will Play Sexy Sad Prince 'Hamlet' at the Public This Summer
- Metro ⇒ NYC Beer Week 2017 Is the Most Diverse Yet
- Metro ⇒ Why Is Big Bird in Central Park? [Photos, VIDEO]
- Thrillist ⇒ Everything You Need to Do in NYC This Weekend
- Untapped Cities ⇒ The Gritty History of the Elk Hotel, One of Times Square’s Last Pay-By-the-Hour Hotels
Brooklyn Botanic Garden recently installed a cool new smart pond, capable of self-regulating its water level to adjust for heavy rains, and prevent overflows which could cause damage to surrounding areas. In this video from CNET, see how it all works with the cloud.
How the Brooklyn Botanical Garden is using the cloud to handle too much rain.