Follow our Instagram account @ViewingNYC to see photos of New York City from some of the best local, amateur, and professional photographers around! If you would like to see your photo featured, be sure to use hashtag #viewingnyc and we'll take a look!
There is a lot of stuff going on the City, and we can't write about it all. Here are some interesting things some of our friends have written up lately.
- Bklyner ⇒ Flying Tiger Copenhagen Brings Fun, Quirky Designs to Downtown Brooklyn
- Brooklyn Paper ⇒ Etsy-Does It! Dot-Com’s Super Green Office a Pleasure to Visit — or Work In
- Brownstoner ⇒ A Not-So-Secret Jehovah's Witnesses Underground Tunnel in Brooklyn Heights Is No More!
- Business Insider ⇒ Here Are the Hundreds of Storefronts That Are Sitting Empty in New York City
- Curbed NY ⇒ Getting to Roosevelt Island Will Become Easier With New $3M Bike Ramp
- Curbed NY ⇒ NYC’s Zany Floating Pool Hopes to Shore Up Public Support With New Campaign
- Daytonian in Manhattan ⇒ The Victor Erbacher House - No. 330 West 86th Street
- Guest of a Guest ⇒ 34 Cool New Yorkers on the Touristy Things Actually Worth Doing
- Metro US ⇒ Why People Pay Millions to Live in DUMBO
- NY Daily News ⇒ MTA Looking to Order Hundreds of ‘Open Gangway’ Subway Cars
- Smithsonian ⇒ How New York City Is Rediscovering Its Maritime Spirit
- StreetArtNews ⇒ Coverage: Richard Hambleton “Shadows and Blood, Richard Hambleton’s New York”, Soho, NYC
- The Infatuation ⇒ The Best Oyster Happy Hours in NYC - New York - the Infatuation
- Thrillist ⇒ The Best Burgers in Manhattan, According to Our National Burger Critic
Real estate website Property Shark recently crunched their numbers and found the ten most expensive neighborhoods in New York City by median sales price. There are six expected Manhattan neighborhoods listed, with four Brooklyn neighborhoods rounding out the list.
Although 20 of the city’s 50 most expensive neighborhoods noted year-over-year median sale prices trending downwards, several neighborhoods saw prices explode. Largely due to a sales surge in new developments, Brooklyn boasts 4 of New York City’s 10 most expensive neighborhoods, marking one of its strongest first quarters in years.
Here are the top ten most expensive neighborhoods in the City:
- Manhattan Beach, Brooklyn
- Financial District, Manhattan
- Boerum Hill, Brooklyn
- Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn
- Flatiron District, Manhattan
- DUMBO, Brooklyn
- Little Italy, Manhattan
- Hudson Square, Manhattan
- SoHo, Manhattan
- Tribeca, Manhattan
Check out the accompanying article for more info, and the top fifty most expensive neighborhoods in New York City.