Follow our Instagram account @ViewingNYC to see photos of New York City from some of the best local, amateur, and professional photographers around! If you would like to see your photo featured, be sure to use hashtag #viewingnyc and we'll take a look!
There is a lot of stuff going on the City, and we can't write about it all. Here are some interesting things some of our friends have written up lately.
- 6sqft ⇒ New Schomburg Center Exhibit Explores 20th-Century Black Placemaking in Harlem
- Adafruit Industries ⇒ The NYC Subway System Runs on OS/2, IBM’s Old PC Operating System
- Bedford + Bowery ⇒ New Book Is Letting the Bodega Cat Out of the Bag
- Curbed NY ⇒ Checking in on Times Square Theater’s Revival Project
- Daytonian in Manhattan ⇒ The Lost Eglise Du St. Esprit - 45-47 East 27th Street
- EV Grieve ⇒ Photo Exclusive: Take a Look Inside the Former Hells Angels Clubhouse on 3rd Street
- Ephemeral New York ⇒ The Brooklyn Beauties at the Seashore in 1900
- Gothamist ⇒ Can the MTA Turn Around Notoriously Bad Bronx Bus Service? Andy Byford Has a Plan
- Jackson Heights Post ⇒ Popular Queens Homegoods Store Lockwood to Open Greenpoint Location
- New York Times ⇒ 6 Ways New Rent Laws Will Affect New Yorkers
- QNS.com ⇒ Seven Soaring Shots of Queens' Past: Our Neighborhood, the Way It Was
- Stuff Nobody Cares About ⇒ The General Slocum Disaster - 115 Years Ago Today
- Thrillist ⇒ Actually Cool Things to Do When Someone Visits NYC This Summer
- Untapped Cities ⇒ NYC’s Strand Bookstore Fights New Landmark Status
- Uptown Collective ⇒ Can’t Stop, Won’t It: The 2019 Riverside Jam
Professional photographer Scott Segler recently captured this stunning multi-day combination video from an Upper East Side balcony panning back and forth over several Manhattan skyline sunsets. Check it out!