There is a lot of stuff going on the City, and we can't write about it all. Here are some interesting things some of our friends have written up lately.
- 6sqft ⇒ In 1923, Scientists Thought Flying Cars Would Solve NYC’s Traffic Snarls by 1973
- Bedford + Bowery ⇒ Don’t Miss These Beach Bashes in Coney and Rockaway
- Bklyner ⇒ Comptroller Reports on Transit Shortfalls for Disabled Riders as MTA Works to Increase Accessibility
- Brooklyn Based ⇒ 10 Hours in…Park Slope
- Crain's New York Business ⇒ Finally, a Fix for the City's Worst Land-Use Mistake
- Curbed NY ⇒ A Guide to Decoding NYC’s Subway Cars
- Daytonian in Manhattan ⇒ A Painted Lady - Guastavino's 1886 No. 127 West 78th Street
- Flashbak ⇒ Nils T. Granlund and His Colony of Naked Sun Worshippers Star at New York's World Fair (1939)
- Forgotten NY ⇒ The Early Village, 1801
- Free Williamsburg ⇒ Brooklyn Comes Alive Festival Announces 4th Year Line Up
- Gothamist ⇒ New Cocktail Bar Stay Gold Serving Up Bourbon Slushies & Fancy Triscuits
- Greenpointers ⇒ Do the Time Warp: When Greenpoint Was the Second Largest Industrial Center in the US! - Greenpointers
- New York Post ⇒ Party Boat Dumps 500 Gallons of Human Waste in Brooklyn Basin
- New York Times ⇒ Shops Come and Go. But 2 New York Photographers Don’t Want to Forget
- NY Patch ⇒ Whole Foods Appears to Be Sinking Into the Gowanus Cana.
- Ridgewood Social ⇒ Throwback Post: Homemade Marshmallow Sandwiches at Rudy’s Bakery & Cafe
- Thrillist ⇒ Actually Cool Things to Do When Someone Visits NYC
Something wrong with this post? Let us know!