The Domino Sugar Refinery was built in 1882 on the Williamsburg waterfront. In 2004, after operating for 148 years, the last bag of sugar was refined and the doors shuttered. New York Based developers Two Trees are now tearing down the old factory to make way for a billion-dollar building, so enjoy these photos of an old New York relic while it still stands.
See more of the demolition photos over on City Noise.
Something wrong with this post? Let us know!