The Blackwell Island Light is a landmarked lighthouse located on the northern tip of Roosevelt Island, formerly known as Blackwell Island. Built in 1872, the 50-foot stone tower was erected by the inmates at the New York City Lunatic Asylum. The lighthouse was added to the National Register of Historic Places on March 16th, 1972, and is currently one of the more popular attractions on Roosevelt Island.
Check out the Blackwell Island Lighthouse from all angles in this short video from our Above New York series.
Music: Dream Entact - "Sht Dwn"
Something wrong with this post? Let us know!