In 1894, New York University purchased a campus at University Heights in the Bronx because of overcrowding on their established campus in Lower Manhattan. The University Heights NYU campus was far more spacious than its predecessor was so most of the university’s operations were housed there for many years. The campus is now home to the Bronx Community College.
Visit the Library of Congress to download an even larger scan of this vintage photograph.
This photo is in the public domain in the United States. This applies to U.S. works where the copyright has expired, often because its first publication occurred prior to January 1, 1923. See this page for further explanation.