Which books were the most popular in New York City last year? The New York Public Library culled all of its brances and compiled a list of the top 10 books checked out in the year.
The New York Public Library System, which includes 92 branches in Manhattan, Staten Island, and the Bronx, rounded up the top ten books that were checked out the most in 2015. From a police thriller to a millennial memoir, the list might surprise you.
Without further ado, here is the list of the most popular books in New York City in 2015:
- “Grey” by E. L. James
- “The Paying Guests” by Sarah Waters
- “In the Unlikely Event” by Judy Blume
- “Not That Kind of Girl” by Lena Dunham
- “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn
- “Prodigal Son” by Danielle Steel
- “NYPD Red 3” by Marshall Karp and James Patterson
- “Go Set a Watchman” by Harper Lee
- “The Girl on the Train” by Paula Hawkins
- “Leaving Time” by Jodi Picoult