Stockton took a combination of video clips shot during the day, and the exact same spot at night, then selectively combined them to place fully-sunlit buildings in the night sky and vice versa.
New York: Night and Day is a combination of non-traditional video time-lapse and animation. I filmed day and night scenes from around New York City and combined them back into single sequences using rotoscoping techniques. The piece explores the relationships between night and day, by compositing together scenes shot in the same location over a time period ranging from 4 - 8 hours. I hope you enjoy it.
The filming locations in the short vid are:
- Weehawken Waterfront Park, NJ
- Dream Hotel, Midtown
- Manhattan River Bridge, East River
- South 1st st. Williamsburg
- East 1st St. East Village
- East Broadway, Chinatown
- The Resevoir, Central Park
- East 2nd St. East Village
- Herman A Macneil Park, College Point
- East Houston St. East Village
- Williamsburg Bridge, Lower East Side
- Skillman Ave. Williamsburg