The comedic "improv" event is widely known and less shocking than in previous years, but still a bunch of fun and still brings a ton of smiles to people of all ages.
The No Pants Subway Ride is an annual event staged by Improv Everywhere every January in New York City. The date changes from year to year and is announced in early December. The mission started as a small prank with seven guys and has grown into an international celebration of silliness, with dozens of cities around the world participating each year. The idea behind No Pants is simple: Random passengers board a subway car at separate stops in the middle of winter without pants. The participants behave as if they do not know each other, and they all wear winter coats, hats, scarves, and gloves. The only unusual thing is their lack of pants.
- When: Sunday, January 10 at 3:00 PM, Sharp! (Over around 5 PM)
- Where: Seven meeting points spread out all over New York City. Details
- Bring: A backpack/bag and a metro card.
- Wear: Normal winter clothes (hat, gloves, etc)
- Facebook: You can RSVP to the Facebook Event (Optional but appreciated)
- Twitter: Use #NPSR and mention @ImprovEvery
- Afterparty: We’re throwing an afterparty at Webster Hall! Details below. Facebook Event for party.
Check out all of the event details and instructions here.
If you are not in NYC, check out the global to find out if it is happening in your city.
Something wrong with this post? Let us know!