Construction on the Main Branch of the New York Public Library was completed in 1911, two years prior to this photograph in 1913. The Library and Bryant Park behind sit on 5th Ave. and 42nd St., one of the most popular, and busiest intersections of the City, even 100 years ago. This photo was snapped on Easter Sunday so there may be more people out walking around than normal, but probably not by much.
Something wrong with this post? Let us know!