As of January 1st, 2015, it is now illegal to dump computers, monitors, tv’s and other household electronics out on the street for simple garbage collection. Instead, the City is providing many options for you to recycle the electronic equipment:
- DSNY’s e-cycleNYC program. Free pickup available in buildings with more than 10 apartments.
- Mail-back and pickup options.
- Electronics recycling events.
- Donate or sell working electronics.
- Retail drop-off programs at any of the commercial options below
For more information about any of these options, visit NYC.gov’s Electronics Website.